Wave of Higher Education Reform Sweeps the World

As part of the 21st centurys knowledge and information era, a wave of education reform is now sweeping through the world. As such, the United States is actively promoting education reform in an effort to maintain its global competitiveness. Moreover, the signatory countries of Europes "Bologna Declaration" (1999) are now striving to bolster European cooperation in education by integrating their respective credit systems, including Frances highly regarded "grandes ecoles" (higher education system). Higher education reform is also underway in Germany, where proposals call for the introdution of a competition environment among German institution. Under the new approach, a radical departure from past German practices, individual institutions have the right to independently select 30 percent of its students and to determine tuition rates, while the remaining 70 percent will be admitted based on federal government guidelines.
Publisher
한국국제교류재단
Issue Date
2004
Language
ENG
Citation

KOREA FOCUS, pp.42 - 44

ISSN
1225-8113
URI
http://hdl.handle.net/10203/4503
Appears in Collection
MT-Journal Papers(저널논문)
Files in This Item
2005-003.pdf(173.9 kB)Download
  • Hit : 637
  • Download : 290
  • Cited 0 times in thomson ci

qr_code

  • mendeley

    citeulike


rss_1.0 rss_2.0 atom_1.0